Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Dutch, my hero!



It's been quite a while since I last posted a blog post on this website. In that time, lots of things happen, some for the greater good and some that have changed my life forever.
Unfortunately, my health has not improved, but I have grown to learn how to live my life with my illnesses in the back ground. I will get into that another time.

In good news, because of the longer term effects of my conditions, I made a life changing decision to look into getting a service dog. I did much research and came across a great program that trained service dogs to help me with many needs. I am allergic to most dogs because of Mast Cell, and I had to find a dog that was hypoallergenic. Months went by, as I waited to hear that they have passed a puppy and found the right fit for me. In January, I recieved that call. Dutch, who was named Yahoo (because he was the Y litter), was picked with flying colors as my future service dog and would go through over 6 months of intensive training.
July 17th of 2016, I received Dutch. A labradoodle trained to be my service dog. He is just amazing. He is currently only 8 months old and is just intelligent. Most people cannot believe how young he is and how well behaved he is. He is still a puppy and there are times when he will act as a puppy, but when he is in service mode, he loves to do his job.

I plan on updating this blog and website with adventures that me and Dutch take.



Recently we were in a local news article!

http://www.lakecountrynow.com/news/mukwonagochief/community-helps-teen-get-needed-service-dog-b99767430z1-388172582.html



You can also follow me on Instagram, which I use to update pictures of our outings on a weekly basis.
https://www.instagram.com/SydneyRohmann

No comments:

Post a Comment